Trillion of people suffer from acid reflux and heartburn.The most frequently used treatment involves commercial medications, such as omeprazole.
Simply changing your dietary habits or the way you sleep may significantly reduce your symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux, improving your quality of life.Losing weight should be one of your priorities if you suffer from acid reflux.
Do Herbal Heartburn Remedies Work?
- Clown’s mustard plant
- German chamomile
- Greater celandine
- Lemon balm
- Milk thistle
Some studies have shown that Iberogast may reduce heartburn. Plus, perpend oil can actually worsen heartburn, so it’s not a good idea to take it if you have GERD.
Are There Any Other Natural Treatments for Heartburn?
meltdown, a supplement used to aid sleep, has been suggested to help relieve heartburn. But the research is conflicting as to whether it is effective for this or any other gastrointestinal symptoms.
Before you decide to take any herbal remedy or supplement, check with your doctor. Some supplements can have side effects or can interact with medications you’re already taking.
Finding Heartburn Relief at Home
A few simple strategies can help soothe the burn of heartburn:
- Watch what you eat. Also, reduce your portion sizes.Eating too much at once is a big heartburn trigger.
- Watch when you eat. Push away the plate at least two or three hours before bedtime so your stomach has a chance to empty before you lie down.
- Watch how you eat. Eat slowly, taking smaller bites.
- Lose weight. Excess abdominal fat can press against the stomach, forcing acids up into the esophagus. Follow a diet and exercise program to shed extra pounds.
- Keep a diary. Write down what you’ve eaten and when your heartburn symptoms occur so you can pinpoint which foods are your triggers and avoid them.
- Toss the cigarettes. Smoking can reduce the effectiveness of the muscle that keeps acids in the stomach. For this, and so many other health reasons, it’s always the perfect time to quit.
- Loosen your belt. Ditch the skin-tight jeans. Tight clothes put added pressure on the abdomen.
- Tilt up. Don’t bother raising your pillows, though — it’s not effective for heartburn.
What Causes Heartburn?
Indigestion and more chronic forms of GERD are two of the most common health conditions affecting Americans despite the availability of simple lifestyle or even medical intervention options.
It was named “heartburn” because some of the syndrome— like pain and throbbing near the breast bone and heart — are similar to those that would occur when someone is having a heart attack.
6 Natural Remedies For Heartburn
Notice we said baking soda and not baking powder (you are not a cake: don’t get the two confused). Baking soda is inexpensive and totally natural. Simply dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda into a cup of water. The baking soda will help neutralize acid. Note: Baking soda contains sodium, consult your doctor if you’re on a low-sodium diet.
Aloe juice is sold at most grocery stores. Just like aloe vera is used to soothe skin sunburns, aloe juice can help soothe irritation caused by acid reflux. If you struggle with heartburn, it’s a good idea to get into the habit of drinking ½ cup of aloe juice before meals to keep your stomach and esophagus soothed.
Saliva helps dilute acid, so increasing the amount of saliva you produce after a meal is a great way to help prevent acid production. Try chewing a stick of gum for 30 minutes for decreased heartburn.
4. Apple cider vinegar
Surprise, everyone’s favorite remedy can help ease heartburn. Mix 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water, then drink up (it won’t taste good, so be warned) before each meal or at bedtime.
5.Eat a banana
This one’s very easy. Did you know that bananas contain natural antacids? Start eating a banana every day to help counteract acid reflux. If you don’t have a banana, an apple will do.
If you’re a smoker, and you need yet another reason to quit, here’s one. If you’ve noticed your acid reflux has gotten worse and you’re a smoker, the smoking is will aggravate your esophagus and make everything hurt. Now’s a good time to quit.
Know more this : www.medypharma.com